Your Own World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delcaia - Teen

2 posters

Go down

Delcaia - Teen Empty Delcaia - Teen

Post by Belgarion489 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Delcaia is a large college city, one of the few cities in the fantasy world that focuses purely on learning, and this includes almost all walks of life, even thieves have an underground centre of learning here. The city has buildings made of a simple granite, though the even richer in the city have different stones and the city is quite clean, due to the high standards expected by it.

You can be anyone, a traveller passing through, a student at one of the colleges, as long as you keep within a fair character and don't go overboard, anything is acceptable!

End of scene Info.

Marcus is a student at the magic academy in the city, while not the most prodigious, he is dedicated and is starting to both excel in studies and his works mean he may be elevated a rank soon. He focuses on battle magic, mainly the Elemental, Alteration and Illusion schools of magic. He has short brown hair, though he still has a fringe, and blue eyes. He is fairly young, but doesn't tell anyone his actual age.

End of Character Info

As there was a recess in his studies, and his quarters were currently being taken up by a group of acolytes who had joined only recently, and they had a penchant for making noise and causing mischief, therefore Marcus had decided to seek a reprieve in the glistening fountains in the grounds. He had a notebook with him, and practised a few low-level spells as he walked, things such as altering colours of flowers in their beds (the gardeners were used to it by now, it had long been something the professors made acolytes try if they had any promise in alteration) along with things that seemed like cheap little carnival tricks, like making a card disappear.

He soon reached his destination though, and sat by the fountain, ceasing his spells and instead looking over notes. He could even take a break in a few moments, if he so desired.

(Enter next person, you can be from another college or something, seeing as grounds are always open to people)

Belgarion489

Back to top Go down

Delcaia - Teen Empty Re: Delcaia - Teen

Post by XOXOGossipGirl Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Sarah is a travelling college student of 17 who is merely curious of the training of others. She had looked into many schools for simple observation purposes, even taking quiet notes on some things. She is also on the lookout for potential new schools, although she is still content with the ones of Restoration and Mysticism that she currently attends.

~End of Character Information~

Sarah's eyes swept around the lobby of the most recent college that she was looking at. It wasn't the first of the day and she was hoping, as with every that she had been to so far, that it would be her last. But as with all of the other schools, she had decided not to hold high expectations. Holding on to a hard covered, journal-style notebook, she used a pencil to write the campus' name across the top of the page. Underneath she added, next to a bullet, that the lobby was well presented.

Moving on into the outdoors areas of the school, she smiled to see appealing gardens and fountains nearby. Adding this to the list, she also put that it didn't seem to be too crowded. She started to hum a little as she walked, and when she neared the fountains, she smiled to see somebody actually practicing magic. Hoping not to interrupt, she stood and watched them for a moment until they sat down. They took out school work, and she furrowed her brow. Walking slowly closer, she wondered if he would be weirded out by her, but was too interested to care, "What are you reading?"
XOXOGossipGirl
XOXOGossipGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion489 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 pm

As he read over his notes, Marcus became even more understanding in parts, and yet so much more frustrated in others. Why was it amounts didn't matter when it came from things that were pure opposites, surely in that case it should just be the quantity that would win out, right? Shaking his head, he was about to test this theory he had been told before someone came up to him. Marcus raised his eyes to the woman there coolly, before responding.

"Just my notes for classes, trying to make sure I have no opportunity to fall behind and can keep the standards I have set for myself thusfar." he replied, raising an eyebrow before speaking again. "And who would you be? I don't believe I have seen you in the college before? Are you a fellow student?" he inquired, deciding that conversing with this woman could be the reprieve from his studies for the day.

Belgarion489

Back to top Go down

Post by XOXOGossipGirl Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:11 am

Her observation skills were acute, and she was thankful for them as she watched the male reading. He seemed frustrated with something, though Sarah couldn't imagine what. What on earth could be bothering him amongst words that appeared to be notes.

Smiling when his statement proved her right, she slightly admired his obvious determination not to fail. She knew many people who did not care whether they did well in school or not, and it was good to see that the people at this one appeared to put effort in to their education.

Sarah bit her lip and shrugged. She had preferred to avoid the question and instead wrote down a couple of things in her book, trying to be as subtle in doing so as possible. Sighing, she decided that there couldn't possibly be any harm in telling the male who she was, so she smiled and said softly, "My name is Sarah. No, I don't go to college here, although I wish I did. I find it quite the charming place. What is your name?"
XOXOGossipGirl
XOXOGossipGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion489 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm

Nodding in reply to the woman's statements, he felt inclined to answer in turn. "I'm Marcus, in the Mages' College, obviously, currently learning Advanced Alteration and Illusion, and Journeyman Elemental." he replied. "Indeed, it's probably one of the best places in the city, though perhaps one of the other colleges would look just as good, in its own way." he added, smiling vaguely.

"So if you don't go to the college, why are you here? You'd think you'd be a student, the way you take down notes on everything around you." he commented, before giving her chance to respond.

Belgarion489

Back to top Go down

Post by XOXOGossipGirl Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Scrawling his name next to the few notes that she had made about his, Sarah hoped that she didn't come off as creepy. She didn't intend to use them for personal gain, but for a kind of research. Raising an eyebrow, she nodded and said, "You're right. They all look.. average. Nothing bad, but nothing to extraordinary. I mean, that is my own opinion, of course. Others may consider them differently."

Considering the best way to phrase her answer, Sarah slowly sat down beside to male. Looking down at her notebook, she said, "I like to look around. I'm travelling through and I wanted to see what a few of the different schools around here have to offer, I guess.." Blushing lightly, she shrugged and said, "Well, I am just observant."
XOXOGossipGirl
XOXOGossipGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion489 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Marcus shrugged at the response the woman gave. "True, but I'm sure those in the other colleges could show you how they have their own pieces of beauty. Warriors in a fine blade, Bards in a piece of music, I've never really been interested in either myself, but there has to be beauty in what they do somewhere, and there has to be something that draws them." he concluded, before realising he must have been sounding like one of his lecturers.

"Apologies, I didn't mean to go on like that; I believe I've picked up the habit from listening to so many different lecturers on so much." he explained. "Of course, and I didn't intend to shift that opinion, so my apologies again." he said politely.

He nodded at what she had said about travelling, he had long been awaiting a chance for a quest from the college, having none that he could think of himself, however he had not been blessed with such an opportunity yet. "Ah. You could always join the college you know? It would be good to see an intelligent acolyte for once. I swear that recently someone's put something in their food or similar, they have the brains of an oxen." he ranted.

"You should definitely think of joining though, most people have a natural affinity in some part of magic, and the college can build on that. You wouldn't even have to stay permanently if you requested such, I mean, the headmaster has allowed such things before, and I'm sure you'd find it useful on your travels." he concluded, before deciding he should give his vocal chords a rest and let Sarah do the talking for a while.

Belgarion489

Back to top Go down

Post by XOXOGossipGirl Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 am

"They have, that is true. But at the same time, I feel like they are all boring," Biting on her lip, she tried to think of a way to explain her answer. "Well.. They don't really have anything original. There aren't too many these days with the lovely gardens that this place has. It's like they have stopped caring a about anything other than results. More to the point, if I were to go here, I would feel much more comfortable than at some of the other schools around." Sarah felt like maybe she was over analysing. Of course, Marcus made a very good point, so she shrugged and nodded, "I suppose you're right. I only make my observations in the possibility of my going to a school. They are all personal preference."

Sarah couldn't help the small laugh at his explanation of his short speech. She shook her head and said, "Don't apologise. I found it quite refreshing.. that people can still come up with a swift argument. Most just shrug and go with the 'to each their own' conclusion. I'm glad you were willing to actually put an effort into speaking to me." The woman blushed slightly, embarrassed a little by her own words. Would he think of her as strange for those opinions? Deciding that she'd spoken now, so there was no point in worrying to much. There was nothing to gain from such a thing. "Besides.. at least it proves that you listen, if you actually have picked up some of their habits."

Sarah smiled widely and tilted her head, "Oh, so you think I'm intelligent, then? I'm glad to know that I put off that idea." She laughed at the comment on acolytes seeming to have dumbed down a lot lately. It was true. The new students at her own school, albeit a lower class one, we're the same. He made a good point, thought. Perhaps she could go there. She'd remember to keep the option in mind, and added such a reminder on her page.

"That's true. There is a little magic in everyone." Smiling, she decided that she really would look in to moving schools. "It would be interesting to think about, you're right. I would never close off my mind to further and better learning. I mean, why do such a thing when the opposite could so greatly further yourself?" She would be more likely to agree to moving to the college of she had the option to leave again, just in case the amazing school was just too good to be true.
XOXOGossipGirl
XOXOGossipGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum