Your Own World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November 2011 Challenge!

3 posters

Go down

November 2011 Challenge! Empty November 2011 Challenge!

Post by Writing Moderator Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:58 am

Okay then, so I'm sure there are people looking for a bit of competition and are more than happy to compete, so I decided to give a small challenge.

Since we've only got a few days until the end of the month, this competition is going to be simple. Create an OC (Original Character) and write a short drabble (100-400 words) for a small scene with them. Good Luck!
Writing Moderator
Writing Moderator

Back to top Go down

November 2011 Challenge! Empty Re: November 2011 Challenge!

Post by Belgarion489 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:24 am

Character name: Alexander
Time period/Place: Fantasy World

Rating-Teen

Short history
Alex had always been ran out of places, ever since he was an orphan at age 12, he had a knack for sneaking, and it didn't take long for him to put that to use, and he started stealing. Of course, this didn't earn him any friends in most places, and eventually he was suspected of anything that happened, whether he was guilty or not.

~Drabble Start~

Running. He had to get out. Had to get out now. It wouldn't be long until the guards were after him. Damnit, why did he have to push himself and steal that bust of the deceased queen? He'd never find anyone to fence it to anyway! Stupid, stupid, stupid! He just had to get out the gates. That's all he needed to do, out the gates, and then no prison!

Thud.

Alex couldn't even tell what had hit him, he just saw a blur, then blackness.

Eventually, he finally woke up, but had no clue where he was, a quick survey around however, gave him the expected. A prison cell. This was why he would never go for the big things, and he never got anything from them anyway.

He went to a corner of the cell he was now trapped in and slid down the wall, slowly sitting, there was a dead body there, but he hardly cared, the place reeked as it was. He supposed he'd just have to wait for the slop drudge and wait for however many days it would take for an escape or for his sentence to be up. He didn't kill anyone at least, so his sentence wouldn't be as long as it could be.

After a few moments Alex had to shift his weight, the metal bars of the grid were becoming uncomfortable. It was then that the cogs of his head started turning. A grid! Grids needed locks too, and he had stashed a lockpick when they confiscated his belongings, so he might be able to get himself out of here. He rifled through the bandit's dead body too, and found a decent dagger and some more lockpicks. After that he set to work, being painstakingly slow to make sure he got the lock on this grid picked. It took longer than it should've, but eventually it was done. He opened it, slipped through into a tunnel system, and closed it behind him, using his lockpicks to close it again. Better they took longer to try and figure it out.

From here, he could escape, and get out of the city, Alex had been given another chance, and he was determined to not blow it.

Belgarion489

Back to top Go down

Post by XOXOGossipGirl Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 am

Rating ~ Teen

I could almost smell the dirt in the only water that me and my family could drink from. It could have been better, if they would only use the money they had to fulfill their promises. But they never did.

If I wasn't here anymore.. it would be easier for Sammy. He'd get a little more food each day, and an extra cup of water with each meal. He could have my blanket, too. Then the winter cold wouldn't make him sick so much. He could have my pencils, so when his got short he could have long ones again. He'd be better without me.

If I wasn't here anymore.. Mummy wouldn't need to spend her strength washing my clothes. Her bones would hurt quite so much. I remember how they promised to help with that too. I should have known that they were lying. She would't have to waste the fourth plate of food on me. She'd be better without me.

If I wasn't here anymore.. I know that Daddy wouldn't need to work so hard. He wouldn't need to come home with his hands bloody, and not able to walk until morning. I was stupid enough to believe them when they said that things would get better. There would be one less plate on the table for Daddy to fill. He'd be better without me.

If I wasn't here anymore.. I wouldn't have to have trouble breathing as I walked. I wouldn't need to drink the dirty water that was mere inches from my face, just to stay alive. I wouldn't need to feel the painful hunger, but be too sick to eat more than a few bites. I would no longer be able to feel. I'd be better if I wasn't here.

But if wasn't here, I wouldn't be there to pick Sammy up when he fell over on the way to school. I wouldn't be able to help Mummy bring the dry washing inside quickly before the rare rains hit it, I couldn't sing Daddy to sleep when he feels sick. Maybe things wouldn't be so much better if I wasn't here.

The surface was so close, but I couldn't bring myself to just drop my head a little and let the water totally encase my face. Standing up, I knew that nobody would think that anything was amiss as I began the walk back to hell. Though, I imagine hell's better.
XOXOGossipGirl
XOXOGossipGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Writing Moderator Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 am

~This Month's competition is now closed.~
Writing Moderator
Writing Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down